All my life, I’ve been taught how important respect, ethics and mannerism were. From acknowledging elders whenever they are around to saying “Thank You’s” and “Excuse Me’s” every single day, all those became part of my system that I just have to express out or risk feeling guilty the entire day.Yes, I’ve must say my parents have done their role perfectly flawless when it comes to raising a decent being, but eventually the young and innocent stuck in his cocoon will soon have to break out and face the world outside. And as expected, when I went out and did so, it wasn’t as beautiful as I thought it would be. Everyday I see the different side of people, the part that wasn’t visible the first time we meet. Everyday I face situations that demands difficult decisions. And everyday I make mistakes that I don’t really gain from, more like mistakes I have to pay for. As time goes by, I begin to realize what a sick world we’re all living in. Nothing seemed as pleasant as everyone imagined. Or at least I imagined. In a sinful place like that, mannerism seems to take place only at heart where “Thank You’s” and “Excuse Me’s” are replaced by “Bastard’s” and “Fuck You’s”. Apparently, things I’ve been learning my entire life proves useless at this point.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment